Today, November 25, is Black Friday 2022—if you’re anything like us, you’ve probably got your Christmas wish list and wallet prepared. When ordering online, in-store pickup often has its advantages: It can be free, fast and close to where you live. It also takes the pressure off browsing online when you know you can grab your purchase in two hours rather than two weeks.
While most major retailers were closed on Thanksgiving, Black Friday usually yields special store hours—some stores open at dawn and close at midnight, while others don’t open at all. If you’re looking to do store pickup for your Christmas gift or Black Friday purchase, we’ve rounded up all the stores confirmed open today for shopping and in-store pickup, including top retailers like Walmart, Best Buy and Nordstrom.
To help you sort through what will be open, check out our list of retailers below, which includes major chains like Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond and Macy’s to help you figure out where you can shop today.
►Black Friday 2022: The best deals happening today on HP, Lodge, Sony and more
►The ultimate holiday gift guide: Shop the best gift ideas for everyone on your list
Stores to shop for in-store pickup
- Academy Sports + Outdoors: Academy Sports + Outdoors offers two-hour curbside and in-store pickup if you order before 8 p.m. (This time frame also depends on whether your item needs to be assembled.) Choose the “Pick Up” option when you check out and you’ll get a text or email letting you know when your order is ready. For curbside pickup, park in a designated “Pick Up” space and click the link in your email or text to inform staff you’ve arrived. A staff member will then bring your order out to you.
- Ace Hardware: Ace Hardware not only has curbside and in-store pickup but also “Delivery from Store,” where you can place an order online and get it delivered to you the same day from your local participating store. For curbside pickup, head to your local Ace Hardware store and call the phone number on your confirmation email for a staff member to bring out your order.
- Barnes & Noble: Barnes & Noble can have in-stock products ready for store pickup within two hours. For curbside pickup, go to your local store and call them with your name, order number and vehicle model so they can direct you on where to go.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Enjoy in-store pickup in under an hour as well as curbside pickup at Bed Bath & Beyond. You’ll get free same-day delivery on orders over $39. (For orders under $39, you’ll be charged a $10 delivery fee.) Delivery cutoff times vary by location.
- Belk: All Belk stores now offer in-store and curbside pickup as well as free same-day delivery in an hour or less, so you don’t have to worry about whether your local store is a participating member. For pickup, orders must be placed by 5 p.m. For orders placed after 5 p.m., you’ll need to pick up in-store the next day.
- Best Buy: Though Best Buy offers in-store, curbside and same-day delivery, these services vary by location, so verify that your local Best Buy has these options before you shop.
- The Container Store: The Container Store has in-store and curbside pickup; select locations also have same-day delivery. If you’re in Manhattan, NY though, you’ll need to come to the store to pick up your order.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Dick’s Sporting Goods offers three delivery services, including in-store pickup within an hour, curbside and same-day delivery, but availability varies by location.
- Dollar General: Dollar General has an in-store pickup through its app.
- Dollar Tree: For Dollar Tree in-store pickup, ask to speak to a manager once you arrive after placing your order online; they will process your order. You can also arrange to have your online order shipped to your local Dollar Tree, though note that this may take 4-6 business days.
- Five Below: Participating Five Below locations use Instacart for in-store pickup. You’ll need to enter your address into Instacart to see if your local Five Below is a participating member. For items in Instacart’s inventory, pickup is usually available within two hours.
- Home Depot: Enjoy a variety of options at Home Depot: in-store pickup, curbside delivery and same-day delivery are all available, depending on location. For same-day delivery to your home, order before noon and choose your delivery window. Two-hour and four-hour time windows are available for an additional fee.
- Ikea: Ikea’s in-store pickup service is called Click & Collect. Make sure your local Ikea is a participating member and choose this option when checking out online. Once you arrive, follow signs for the Click & Collect service. Select locations charge a $5 fee on Click & Collect for orders under $49.
- J.C. Penney: J.C. Penney offers curbside and in-store pickup: orders can be ready in as little as two hours. You have until two hours before closing time to place your order to be able to get it the same day.
- Joann Stores: Joann Stores provides curbside and in-store pickup if you order by 3 p.m. When using the curbside service, let the store know you’re coming by tapping the “I’m On My Way” button in your confirmation email. Once you’ve arrived, tap “I’m Here” so the store can bring out your order.
- Kohl’s: Use Kohl’s “Buy Online, Free Store Pickup” option during checkout for in-store pickup; if your local store has your item in stock, your order will be ready for pickup within two hours.
- Lowe’s: Lowe’s has a limited inventory available for same-day pickup that depends on your local store’s stock. If an item is available, you will see the same-day pickup option during checkout.
- Macy’s: Macy’s has same-day delivery on a limited amount of products. When shopping online, look for the “Same-Day Delivery” icon to ensure the option is available. Your item will be delivered to your home straight from a Macy’s store. (Gift wrapping is not available with this service.) Note that same-day orders that qualify for free shipping will include a $15 fee for this service. For same-day orders that don’t qualify for free shipping, you’ll be charged a $25.95 fee.
- Michaels: Enjoy in-store and curbside pickup with Michaels, as well as same-day delivery at select stores. In-store and curbside pickup are free, while same-day delivery incurs a $9.99 charge; you also need to be within a ten-mile radius of a Michaels store. For same-day delivery, order before 2 p.m. to get your item in time. Orders placed after 2 p.m. will arrive the next day.
- Nordstrom: Nordstrom offers three quick delivery options: in-store pickup, curbside and ship to store. To make things easier, the retailer also offers pickup of Nordstrom.com items at select Nordstrom Rack locations. Enjoy free gift wrapping when you pick up your order—to get this service, choose the gift option when you check out.
- Old Navy: Old Navy’s Buy Online, Pickup In-Store service and curbside pickup options are available at select stores, only for items that are in stock. For curbside pickup, call the store when you’ve arrived and open the trunk of your car so the staff member can leave your items in the vehicle.
- Sam’s Club: Sam’s Club offers curbside pickup on select items. The service is free for Plus members but will incur a $4 fee for Club members.
- Staples: Staples customers can enjoy one-hour pickup for in-stock items and Instacart for same-day delivery services. Additionally, the “Pick Up In Store” option will get your online order shipped to your local Staples. Look for the “1-Hour Pickup” button when shopping online or click “Check other stores” to search that store’s inventory.
- Target: Enjoy same-day delivery and in-store pickup on items in stock at your local Target. The retailer has a separate section solely for searching items that are available for the same-day service so you don’t waste time. You can also download the Target app for curbside delivery—it’s called “Drive Up” in the app.
- T.J. Maxx: Currently, T.J. Maxx offers in-store pickup and “Ship to Store” only in the Philadelphia and Chicago areas. You can check if your local one is a participating member at checkout.
- Walgreens: Walgreens offers perhaps the quickest turnaround time for orders, letting customers pick up items in as little as 30 minutes. You have the choice of in-store pickup, curbside, drive-thru or same-day delivery in less than an hour. To get these services, your order must hit the $10 minimum subtotal at checkout.
- Walmart: At Walmart, you can pick up your order in-store or, with Walmart’s delivery service, choose a time slot to have your order delivered to your door. For in-store pickup, wait for the “Ready for Pickup” email; for delivery, wait for Walmart’s email that the driver is on the way.
Black Friday 2022: Shopping guide
- Black Friday sales: 45 best Black Friday sales to shop now
- Amazon Black Friday sale: Shop top deals on tech, home goods, toys and fashion
- Walmart Black Friday sale: 45+ deals on Shark, Apple, Keurig and Vizio
- Best Buy Black Friday sale: Save on Sony, Nikon, Samsung and HP
- Lowe’s Black Friday sale: Shop markdowns on GE, Kobalt and Craftsman
- Nordstrom Black Friday sale: 40+ deals on Zella, Adidas and Tory Burch
- Samsung Black Friday sale: Savings on smartphones, appliances and TVs
- Wayfair Black Friday sale: 50+ best deals on KitchenAid, Dyson
- Black Friday TV deals: Shop discounts on LG, TCL, Hisense and Samsung screens
- Black Friday Apple deals: Save on Apple watches, laptops and headphones
- Black Friday toy deals: 50+ best toy deals on Lego, Barbie and Nerf
- Black Friday laptop deals: 20+ laptop deals at Walmart, Amazon and Best Buy
- Black Friday mattress deals: Save on mattresses on Leesa, Nectar and Purple
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.